Book Drop Services Frequently Ask Questions (FAQ’s)
What is book drop service?
- Library book drops are a convenient way for customers to return their books and library materials.
When will the book drops open?
- All Kings County Library book drops will open beginning Monday, October 12, 2020.
- All Kings County Public Library book drops are available 24/7.
Is the library accepting book donations?
- No, the Kings County Library are NOT accepting books or any other library materials donations at any of its branches at this time.
Will book or library material returns be accepted inside the library?
- Books and library material returns will ONLY be accepted through the library book drops at all Kings County Branches.
- Library staff are unable to accept returned books and/or library materials directly from the public.
Where do I return books or library materials?
- Please return items to a book drop at your local branch library.
- You may return your items at any Kings County Library book drop, regardless of which branch you picked your items up from.
- If you are returning Zip Books please look on the library’s website at www.kingscountylibrary.org or on Facebook @thekingscountylibrary.
Why are books and/or library materials I have returned still showing as checked out on my library account?
- In order to ensure the health and safety of our staff and customers, books and library materials are placed into quarantine for a minimum of 72 hours before checking items in.
- Fines will not be charged at this time.