You can now renew library materials over the phone (TeleCirc) or by computer by visiting the library's online catalog and clicking (My Account) on the catalog website. By accessing your online account, you can see what items are checked out to you and when they are due, list and/or cancel requests for books, learn what items are overdue, and any fine balances that are due.
Things to Remember About Renewals
- You'll need the barcode number of the card on which the items were borrowed and the personal identification number (PIN) for that card. PINs can not be given over the telephone.
- Items already overdue may not be renewed with either TeleCirc or My Account; you must bring the overdue item to the library.
- The new due date will be three weeks from the date of renewal, not three weeks from the original due date.
- Only one renewal per item, if allowed. If you have borrowed an item and renewed it once, then you must return it to the library.
- Items on hold for someone else may not be renewed, even if there appears to be other copies available.
TeleCirc: toll free (866) 290-8681
TeleCirc is our telephone messaging system and it is used to notify you:
When a requested item is waiting at the branch you selected.
- When checked out items are still checked out 10 days past the recorded due date.
By calling (866) 290-8681 with your library card and PIN, you can use TeleCirc to:
Renew Materials: Find out what items you have checked out (including overdue materials)
- Renew Materials: Find out what items you have checked out (including overdue materials):
- List or cancel outstanding hold requests
- If you choose the menu number for renewal, you can choose to either be prompted by title, to enter item barcode numbers, or to renew all items.
- Learn about any outstanding fees due on your account
The Kings County Library website provides access to the library's catalog as well as your account information.
To view your account information, enter your Borrower barcode# (use all numbers, without spaces) and your PIN.
From the Account Overview you will have access to view:
- View/Renew Items checked out
- View/Change Status on items you have requested
- View any Fees or Blocks on your account
- Update email address or PIN
Select the Library Catalog Help option for additional step-by-step instructions.
Library Loan Time Limits:
DVD’s - One week (as long as there is no holds)
TV series (set) DVD’s – 3 weeks (as long as there are no holds)
Magazines check out for one week no renewals
Short Loans check out for two weeks no renewals
Note: These limits apply to Kings County Library items only. Items from other county libraries are subject to their rules.